Friday, April 07, 2006

Time to get back on the bike


After a bit of a hiatus from riding, I've decided it's time to get back on my bike. Last ride of any kind I did was last August, the last day of my Rocky Mountain tour with Sue. I'd hurt my back, pretty big time, and had to lay off riding for awhile - not even the 'bent. Between that and buying a motorcycle, I just never managed to climb back on.
Unfortunately for me...I got fat and lazy over the fall and winter, and now that it's spring, I've got a bit of a long haul in front of me to get back in shape.
So my goals: to ride - commute during the week, do the weekend club rides and the Tuesday night ladies' ride, build my base; to lose weight - a lady never tells her weight, so let's just say I'd like to lose about 25 pounds by summer. Shouldn't be too tough if I start riding regularly, and focus on some healthy eating.
And it helps to have a reason to ride back into shape: I'm looking at the possibility of doing a Canada to Mexico tour in August with my old touring buddy Damion - or at least joining him for a couple of weeks of it. So, away we go! I'll be posting as often as I can, based on my riding, workouts and whatever revelations I have as I whip this old body back into shape...wish me luck!

No comments: